the siren


...and in my introspective sabbatical, i was fortunate to be fed with writings that kept me fired and dreaming. The right thing, of course, is to share such.
 

THE SIREN

Perching on her stool the Siren sits -  almost aloof, indifferent
Demure she seems, withdrawn, shy
But see how coyly she spies you from the corner of her eye
She seems absorbed and absent elsewhere
A little plaything in her hands that draws her attention
But not mine - I see her only contours, her body svelte, the bobbed blonde hair
I see the pullring of her top - hanging free, inviting me to simply gently pull it down
To let her breasts be seen, revered





And with a smile, she suddenly turns and looks at me
Taking me off guard 
It seems she looks right into my soul and wants to know all there is to know
Do I dare? Does she care? Who am I? 
Daunting, alluring, fascinating - the phrase that comes to mind-
"Faint heart never won fair lady"
I move towards her and hear the question to which there can be only one answer:
"Do you like what you see?"
And with that question she set me free 
Answering in all honesty 
"If I were blind, I still would see thee"
 
Ran.K.






Comments

Popular Posts