Fly free



I feathered myself red and stood
All perky and proud...
I fluffed myself up
To show off...allowed.
An exotic bird of the most different sort
To spread my wings , in lustful winds caught.
The kiss of attention, giving rise to desire,
A suitors eyes, appreciating my feathers does fire...
A flight to take to spread my wings
To swoop real close , a penchant for dangerous things.
But, if too close I should fly and my wings get clipped,
By the ardour of a gentleman whipped,
Would it really matter  to my feathers and I
If heaven upwards I could no longer fly?
A bird of paradise , of exotic nature
Knows not to be ground bound, of the sky a creature,
For the heavens boundless to soar real high
A spirit needy of the freedom to fly.
And thus , to feather the suitor too,
To show him how to spread his wings and...on cue,
Take flight to the skies and see the world from above
And with me and my feathers fall madly in love.

RB.






Comments

Popular Posts