MORNING

Another beautiful piece of writing from a person very dear to me....enjoy.



MORNING



From somewhere distant - the muffled chirps of slowly waking birds

The darkness slowly retreating as the lightness regains the day



A slow awakening

A slow stretching

Climbing up to consciousness



I can feel her as she lies there alongside me, snugly

Comfortable, alluring

Still cocooned in sleep

Breathing gently, rhythmically

Her skin warm, scented, smooth

Waiting to be stroked



The faint light reveals her slightly parted lips

Her hand against her cheek

The outline of her breast visible against the sheet

Peeking through her hair, the curve of an ear



I wrap my arms around her

She snuggles closer

Both content, we breathe in unison

Touching

Slipping into sleepiness

Wishing



If only time could stand still


KR.

Comments

Popular Posts