civilisation and urbanisation

And for a second i felt as if i was sitting on top of the world.
I lost myself in the vastness that lay beyond the reach of my gaze
The height of the heavens reminding me how deep the Universe must be.
I felt as if i was Zeus, sitting upon my throne, in silence, absorbing and watching.
Below me in the denseness of tight bush, a crackling of ground walked on as the wild foraged for food.
The silence intense, so gentle on the ears compared to the noise pollution of urban living.
For a second i believed , i would be able to call upon all the universal forces to congregate.
It seemed as if my surroundings knew how in awe i was of what was being presented to me.
And slowly it possessed me physically with the first heavy raindrops that splashed on my naked skin.
There was no fear that the lightning would strike me.
There was no fear of the rumblings of thunder.
It just seemed all right and i could not imagine i was being threatened by forces beyond the control of humans
However the beauty of living was created, whatever my reality on Mother Earth may be, i am grateful that it is there for me to revel in.
How sad the day when urbanisation and so called civilisation may find its tarred and concrete way to this little heaven i discovered this weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts