the sun has long set



it be evening, the sun has long set. 
babies have fallen asleep
their slumber be deep.

a mother wary, her children long to bed did tuck
for them through the night to sleep, be her luck.

a father, a husband, in front of a tv in sport hoping to be lost
but a long day and the call of work tomorrow thus asleep the cost.

a household a weekend joyfully busy it had been
and thus tiredness, into sleep each person did wean.

my time for shut eye as i gaze over households asleep
my time the happiness of my weekend in slumber keep.

tomorrow to wake and know a glorious week awaits
never doubting ones next step forward is what it takes.

so to sleep peaceful and complete
and thus my energies replete
and once again myself apply
to all real, sensual and erotic comply.

...good night.

RB.


Comments

Popular Posts