coveting anothers materialism



that first night when the sun did set
a nostalgia in me beget
how beautiful the world does know to be
in all its glory, on display for us to see.

we forget to revel in the rays of a setting sun
to appreciate the moon as the skies it begins to run
so involved in the entrapping of all things unnatural
getting lost in the rat race our funeral.

superficial in our admiration of belongings
coveting anothers materialism eaten with longings
for the girl hair false nails plastic boobs ballooned
boys a trophy girlfriend fast cars gold watch credit cards, festooned. 



 yet every morning and every night the sun and moon
not once at the call of false materialism to swoon
a steady pace from day one they have followed
in their beautiful originality poets minds be mellowed.

up to the sky i turn my face
the sun gone now the moons rays it did lace
and then a primal calling within me wakes
the clothes come off, to the core it me shakes.

the weekend of much chained thought i myself discarded
my mind with trivialities unnecessary was bombarded
and all of a sudden a light heart a light step did me possess
the rest of the weekend spent in childlike naughtiness i must confess.


RB.



Comments

Popular Posts