soul mate?...conscious eternal?

Volkman

inspired by a conversation


...what was it that i saw in u...the first time u stepped across my threshold?
what was it that had me captivated, without knowing i was?
was it that nervous tension of a man not certain why he may have knocked on my door?
was it that hesitant smile as i stepped into your space to embrace u?
it may have been all of those
but...i know for certain
...that u entrusted me with the intimacy of your person...
that u let yourself go and allowed your thoughts to fly with mine.
...that u cared to understand my fantastical mind and soar with it...
u spread yourself before me and gazed deep within my gaze
and welcomed me into the realness of u...never flinching nor pulling back
as i explored deeper and deeper into your psyche .
i got lost in u, as u exposed yourself more and more...u captured the most
passionate, most enduring, emotions that know to live in my being.
we began to travel together, rising on the crest of bodily unity
each willing the other to give more...surrender more.
ours was not a physical unity ...
it was a marriage of consciousness that had been there for time eternal.
it was a flight of fancy of lovers destined to meet over and over
...no matter how many lifetimes.

RB.


Comments

Popular Posts