to gym

Sometimes the challenges one faces on a daily basis tense up the mind...making it unresponsive to surroundings and cluttering the imagination into dullness. Nothing more rewarding than a workout at the gym. And thus this little piece:-

A Mind a stir a Soul unsettled
my whole Being in a state embattled
the release of tensions built up high
to fight the frustration and not to cry.

And thus alleviate the muscles and form
to hit the gym hard the idea was born
each action each move painful and breaking
the resolve to come out tops the mind a waking.

No chance to let go and surrender to self pity
a preference and choice to rather be gritty
how else could i ever stand tall
and face my enemy with my back against the wall.

How proud i am the Parents i have
what qualities of Humanity to me they gave
to be firm in kindness and consideration
of anothers feelings the main elation.

And thus each push each punch delivered
the next step and action carefully considered
my Friends around me i shall call
for with them much harder to bring about my fall.

When one is good in Spirit and Thought
the battle ahead need not be fought
and rather remove oneself in a corner silent
and watch the downfall of the viscious tyrant.
RB.






Comments

Popular Posts