in the eyes of this government....a simple ass...

How we hang on the words of politicians...our fate determined by their utterances...imagine that... a handful dictating...even in democracies...what may be good for the country and its citizens. 

And thus the importance of elections and choosing wisely, since one has a say in bringing a person or group of people to power.

The tragedy being, that even in ones wisdom and belief that one has chosen best for oneself and others sharing in the same environment...all of a sudden a trickling,  an oozing , a whiff of a smell... until an obvious stench settles in, for the head honcho chosen, through a free and fair election, forgets how he came to power.


He begins to treat the citizens, of whom he should be in servitude to, as nothing more than brainless noise boxes....blatantly disrespecting them through corruption and theft of government coffers....no shame, no excuse, definitely no intention of accountability....an arrogant right of entitlement to steal from his citizens... mercilessly.


His enrichment of self, kept in place by enriching others around him, buying their loyalty through bank accounts kept fat....all the while promises made to loyal followers and the citizens of his country... nothing more than an utterance....forgotten.....they, becoming poorer and more despondent as to what the future may hold.

...and thus the example set by that head honcho to the citizens of his country....why would they not write the following love letter....

"Dear people in power.

Climb on my back and let me be your donkey.


Let me heehaw, stubbornly, planting my hooves into this terrain.


A terrain abused, raped, pilfered before my eyes.


I don't need blinkers for my eyes do see but, my brain does not register.


You see.


This little patch of grass i have, will last me maybe today.


And tomorrow when its gone.... I shall just eat my neighbours grass.


Why not.


I have a right to it?


It is my path. Yes?

When all is gone. Who cares.


I may not even be around.


Fuck the rest.

Oh do excuse my right of entitlement. I know not how to be different.

....for i am a simple ass...after all?"

RB.

Comments

Popular Posts