my train of thought

my train of thought got lost somewhere
in search of it to go out there


a piece i know i want to write
the gist of it at present in flight


the clock be ticking the countdown fast
the urgency of what needs to be done somehow lost


so much more does my plate fill
to sit down and write myself i have to will


a new direction i think I've found
to the reality of life it be confound


no more a story i shall share
but rather whats happening to pen with care


so many i see and feel in struggle
their responsibilities and duties they try to juggle


all the time remembering their glass half full
the need to survive into tomorrow the pull


they say when it rains it knows to pour
testing ones resilience shaking ones inner core


but if sturdy in ones faith of self one be
that solution though murky one will see


so yes, myself, i have willed to sit
and once more the will to write be lit


the promise of what the reward may be

thus into my writings my mind does flee.

RB.


Comments

Popular Posts