how would u know...?


"What is to give light must endure burning
-Molly Guptill Manning.
 ....................

the question posed:....

"how would u know to be in my shoes,
how would u know my challenges faced my daily dues
who are u to even contemplate to look my way in pity
do u dare to do so because u feel guilty?
i care not for hypocrites who know not my hunger
i care not for political rhetoric for it nothing more than a bungler
don't u dare pretend to know my fate
when was the last time u were at my hells gate."

"never such arrogance professed."... came the answer
"what u have just said sounds like terminal cancer
something i wish to disassociate myself from
for i consider myself slightly more intelligent and less dumb.

but if i may, without making u despondent
for u would be quite surprised at the coincident
the reason i with no guilt your way look
for, a few years, out of that same gutter to get, it took.

yes, i agree political agendas are played by the powerful
and more concern to pump money into wars an armyful
but then i look at those similar to me who make it
and thus ask, am i so incapable and less fit?

you see, there will never be a system fair
there will never be an equilibrium for all to share
but one thing i know for definite
the goodness of many individuals can be infinite.

so sometimes don't read too much in what u may observe
rather your thoughts and opinions a little conserve
allow a moment to play itself out
and thus in the goodness of others have no doubt."

RB.

 

Comments

Popular Posts