belonging to the 'non-belonging aspirants"..?

 adorned and displayed be a piece of jewellery
exquisite be the work of art
a price, hefty, sometimes paid
for its value never questioned, nor its worth.
but, what if those pieces so dearly coveted
admired beyond reason
know to make one inhumane
becoming
the trinket purchased, the name brand flashed.
and when one has no possibility of purchasing such an item
does one become less worthy
belonging to the non-belonging aspirants
adorning themselves with copycat products
flashing their falseness
and feeling just as grand.







now ask me....should i be gifted such an item pricey
such an item branded "now u have made it for u own a .....(the brand name)"
would i refuse it?
....should i shamefully hang my head
and admit
...with welcome arms i would accept it!
but does it make me less worthy that i know to be
the queen of my castle.
do these ribbons tighten into a noose
beginning to choke for i may own but, wish not, to adorn myself
with those shiny exquisite trinkets...?







no.....loosely the ribbons know to adorn
and caress my skin
for they teach me to not bond myself to my possessions
and that nobody may know if there
be or not
that coveted beauty, put away
....well whose business would it be anyway.
my assets be one of a kind
adorned with ribbons silky

my whole worth
....priceless.






and thus the freedom of thought
the freedom to know
that ones luck or not
may be
anothers
luck or not.....would those trinkets make a difference....not at all

....it should be like that

only

we don't remember how to be worthy of admiration without our materialistic hoardings.

RB.












Comments

Popular Posts