said she...


said she...

"if at my slippers u should look
telling of who i may be, they read like a book
pleasant and practical and comfortable they be
i would hope to imagine a lot like me.
they speak not volumes in all respects
but do know to keep the cold away and its affects
and thus like the owner who cares to share
her space with you dear reader through my writings i dare.
a simplicity in how i live
the universe a blessing did me give
to revel in all that be given to me
and no matter how big or small, its quality to see.
to strive for nothing less than the best
for then my mind knows how to rest
for life be there to seek its wonders
no matter how many times in that search one blunders.
perfection may not be mine to claim
yet perfection i see no matter what, where or who...be the aim.
so a foolish romantic i may be called
not at all, for the obscenity of this challenging life i have trawled.
all i know is that my ordinary slippers, like me
do know to welcome and comforting be
and thus to slip them on and off without hesitation
so be my imaginings penned for u to read, an invitation."

RB.




Comments

Popular Posts