to stand strong...no matter the gale winds



 how bravely u do stand, in defiance of the cold
steadfast in your roots
deep within the soil rich
wet and soaking from rains generous in their pour.
and every year when your leaves do return
you seem to be richer in your generosity of creating shade
bigger
broader.
your bark thickening with the years
your breadth of foliage wider
taller and more statuesque be you in your rooted existence.
how u know to make my garden ever full of life
when those birdies find their place to hop
rest
or simply visit for a moment
flitting off into the skies
to find another like u to rest upon.
and from the warmth of my room this fine cold morning and
the softness of my warm wrap i marvel
at how u have captured my imagination
and know to whisper and call to me when the winds
whoosh through my yard.


"come...come...come look at how cold it may be. come see how my branches be bare
no birdies this morning upon them sit
for they seek refuge
in bushes evergreen and lower foliage
hiding from this blowing wind.
watch me sway in my nakedness
as i watch u hide behind those doors."


RB.






Comments

Popular Posts